Lucy Letby case

Today though, a hearing was held over a requested retrial in one of the cases for attempted murder as the jury couldn't reach a verdict on that case (baby K). This was the one that solely relies on the testimony of one of the Doctors and no other evidence at all. The Doctor was one who had been forced to apologise to LL in writing previously after her successful grievance claim.

So not sure what happens to the appeal now. The retrial is set to run over two weeks next year in June apparently. I thought the Appeal case was to be heard at today's hearing. I'm guessing the appeal case will be deferred until after the retrial on this one case.

She still maintains she is innocent

Definitely a witch hunt. Im getting more convinced with every article I read that she is innocent. I just cant imagine why rhey have convicted her with no evidence beyond all reasonable doubt. Its disgusting she shoukd have been found not guilty.
You cant find someone guilty based on a doodle note and some natural deaths. There seems to be absolutely no reason for this woman to be in jail.
She is a scapegoat for a failing medical unit.
Absolutely disgraceful

I am inclined to think that too. I hope she gets an appeal and we find out more. The Mirror (admittedly a rag) published this the other day too. The hospital where she worked is still having major issues, four years after she left. The maternity section at the moment.

A barrister on twitter said it would have been impossible for the defence to get medical witnesses for their side as no one wants to put their reputation on the line in these case and you need to go to the US to get defence medical witnesses. The defence budget would have been very limited due to LL being on legal aid, whereas the prosecution seem to have had much greater resources.

It is. Also most appeals fail as well as there have to be specific criteria met. I think if an appeal fails some cases have managed to have a retrial later.

Back