Whether to travel day before flight or not

Esme

Administrator
Staff member
We have a holiday booked this summer with a flight at 6pm. We live about 2 to 2.5 hours train journey from the city where the flight is going from. So technically, if getting a train at about 10am, we'd be there for 12.15 - say 1.15pm allowing for delays. Then allowing about an hour to get to the airport - say 2.15pm. Check in is 3 hours before departure so 3pm.

I'm just wondering if this is too risky or whether we should go the night before and stay overnight at the airport. But that seems a bit excessive for a flight at 6pm the following day! I'm just aware there can sometimes be train strikes or trains cancelled etc.

There are no guarantees in life. You can opt for a shared ride, we have a company here that provides transfers to and from airports. Those guarantee transfer on time unless there is an accident or something unexpected that causes the delay, but that is extremely rare.
I guess it depends where you are from. I would still bet on the train, I don’t feel it’s too risky. You will know if they have a strike.

How did the finals go?

Back