Progress

Kitty

Hi. We had a great holiday and it's been busy ever since and there has been some progress. Firstly, while we were away we did get chance to talk a bit now and then but mainly just had a lot of fun. The kids were great. We had one interruption which was phone calls to his ex but it wasn't a big deal.

So he knows I want to have children and says he wants to have children with me too. I said I don't want to be an unmarried Mother - but we can't get married until you're divorced and asked where things were at. He admitted he'd been letting things slide and is going to see a solicitor to try and get things moving. I said I know he's scared of rocking the boat and the ex being difficult about him seeing the children but we can deal with that if it happens and I will support him if he has to apply to court. He doesn't think she would stop him seeing the children, but just says he has this fear of rocking the boat with her generally - in case it affects the kids if she gets angry or upset.

So we have a date to aim for. He and the kids are going to move in with me. It will be cramped and need a lot of rearranging but should be ok and he'll have more money as not paying rent. It will need bunk beds and the kids sharing a room. He's already told the ex this and no fireworks as yet. We think she may see the reality of things if we are living together and accept he wants to finalise the divorce. The aim is to get the divorce through before next summer and then get our own place together and get married.

Wow - that does sound like progress! It's positive he's not worried the ex will stop him seeing the children. That's what most Dads are scared of when they avoid rocking the boat. As for concern that any slight aggro could impact on the children - they are very resilient and sometimes compartmentalise depending which parent they are with. Also he can smooth things over for the kids when they're with him by reassuring them and explaining the odd thing. If one parent does that, it helps them feel happy and secure.

Congratulations Kitty, this sounds like a very positive plan and Im so pleased for you. Once again though keep your boundaries firmly in place. The EFH has no business poking her nose into your life. They are no longer together and she has no say in your relationship.
Goid luck and keep us posted x

Back