Laptop trouble

Esme

Administrator
Staff member
This is so annoying and seems to have happened to all my laptops at some point - intermittent charging. ie sometimes it won't charge. Sometimes it will if you wiggle the charger cable around and keep it one position. I know it's either the charger socket in the laptop, or the end of the cable, that is the issue, but it's working out which one! So I bought a portable battery back, which apparently works on laptops as well as phones, to test it out. ie if the battery pack charges it then I know it's the end of the cable that's faulty. If it's intermittent and position dependent then I know it's the computer socket that's faulty. The laptop is not very old! But not under warranty. Anyway that was the idea - a portable battery pack is much cheaper than buying a new charger only to find there's nothing wrong with the charger.

So I tried it and it didn't work - lol. Oh well at least I have a portable battery pack for our phones now. It works on phones but my laptop wouldn't respond to it.

So I'll be using the site on my phone for a while until I can get the laptop to charge up again!

Back