Flower thread

Esme

Administrator
Staff member
Just thought I'd start this thread for sharing updates on gardens and flowers :) Or plants, if you don't have a garden. Or just flowers you have been given or spotted out and about! Or flowers you have painted, drawn or photographed or craft flowers. Flowers generally.

I'm not a good example to start with! We've lived here about 7 years and the garden was overgrown grass and in a rural area. I gradually planted things, only to find the attractive looking greenery in the back garden is ground elder - which spreads underground and chokes and kills off plants. It's only a small back garden and I've more or less given up on it now - I have a shrub and some chives that survive and the rest is grass (and the blooming ground elder).

Chives.JPG

Potentilla.JPG

Just to completely wreck the garden, we had an invasion of rabbits two years ago who ate and killed off my remaining potted plants and most of the small veg patch! That is still an issue sometimes. So I'm on the look out for plants that rabbits don't like! Any suggestions?

The small front garden is doing slightly better. Again just a few shrubs and spring bulbs.

It's mainly in Spring it looks it's best. We inherited bluebells in the garden which have now spread across the entire lawn.

Front garden.JPG

Bluebells.JPG

Back