Changing the narrative!

Esme

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have this male thing sometimes? Something happens that causes a bit of an argument. In my case that something is usually an emotional reaction from me, which is fully justified, after OH has done or said something crass or insensitive. It settles down but you want to make sure it doesn't happen again, so a few days later I tried to explain why I reacted the way I did, to try and get through. It started with me saying - I asked for xyz and you ignored it and did xyz, His response was - no you didn't say that! I said yes I xxxxxing well did say that! And he then says I have "changed the narrative" to suit myself. So either he didn't hear me say xyz (selective listening or just not listening) or he just won't admit he ignored my request and over-ruled it.

Result being - it's not resolved to prevent it happening again. I am thinking of writing it down on a piece of paper and giving it to him so he can't "unhear" it. "Next time we go to a restaurant and I ask for xyz please don't change my order".

Back