Back pain

Esme

Administrator
Staff member
So having got over a really nasty flu bug (we all had it for about 5 weeks), I hurt my back - long story - but it involved a kerb and my back jack-knifing and sudden really bad pain. I ice packed it the first couple of days and hoped it would settle. It just turned to chronic pain then. Then abdominal pains as well and feeling sick. So I had a 9 hour wait in A&E this week to get it looked at properly. Examination and X rays didn't show anything nasty so it was a case of - must be musculo-skeletal, take painkillers. The painkillers don't stop you feeling sick.

I am fed up! The last thing I need is a bad back - I have enough issues with knees. So fingers crossed it resolves. However google tells me x rays don't show slipped discs. But google also tells me slipped discs usually get better on their own or only need time and physio.

My list of things that need doing gets longer and longer! I am definitely thinking of getting a cleaner - preferably one who will also help with the odd job in the house as well!

I hope you feel better soon. I can understand about being fed up with being sick. Been there and still recovering.
I feel very tired and I have no idea 🤷‍♀️ f t is long covid or just failing health. Hopefully the first option, meaning it will eventually improve.

Back